More Than 20 Years Of Experience Protecting Civil Rights
Federal civil rights laws prohibit employers from discriminating against an employee based on the applicant’s or employee’s race, ethnicity or national origin. For more than 20 years, attorney Amy F. Scarr has been zealously protecting the rights of individuals who have suffered racial discrimination in the workplace and by police in Madison and throughout Wisconsin.
If you were harassed at work in Wisconsin because of your race, call 608-729-4906.
Civil Rights Protections Against Retaliation
Employers are prohibited from taking retaliatory action against employees for reporting possible violations of their civil rights on the job. If you are concerned about what your employer will do if you report discrimination or harassment, or if you have already faced retaliation, call the law firm to discuss your case with attorney Scarr.
“I just don’t give up. I want what’s best for my clients and work hard for them so they can receive the justice they deserve.” Attorney Amy Scarr
Attorney Scarr’s record of representation includes litigating matters related to:
- Race, ethnicity, national origin discrimination
- Religious discrimination
- Sexual harassment and discrimination on the job
- Age discrimination at work
- Violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Police misconduct, police brutality
- Sexual Orientation
- Arrest and conviction record
Common types of racial discrimination on the job include:
- Failing to hire or promote an employee based on race or ethnicity
- Reducing benefits or workplace privileges based on race or ethnicity
- Racial harassment, including racial slurs or hostile environment based on race
Call Us First · Confidential Free Consultation · No Attorney’s Fees Unless You Win
If you feel your civil rights have been violated, contact the law firm of Amy F. Scarr, S.C., in Madison, Wisconsin, to discuss your case. Call 608-729-4906 or use the e-mail contact form to provide a brief explanation of your circumstances.